Identity documents / wallets / purses / cash

Lost property - is the item identifiable?

If the item you have lost is identifiable, for example a driving licence, disabled parking permit (Blue Badge), bank card, UK passport, purse or wallet containing identification etc, we will not take a lost report for it. The reason for this is that if the item is found, we will be able to either reunite it with the owner or the appropriate agency because of the information held on that document. Having a lost report does not assist us in that process. Please report the loss to the issuing agency.

Jersey Driving licenses: To obtain a replacement driving license you will need to contact your Parish Hall:

Foreign passports / ID / Travel documentation:  These must be reported by the loser in person at a police station.

If you lose your Jersey passport you must report it to the local passport office:

Please note: Jersey passports that have been handed in to us as found will be returned to the local Passport Office.



Our Force Control Rooms take thousands of calls every year, and are often asked very similar questions. In this section you will find some of those that are frequently asked

Accessing information

In this section are details on how to obtain criminal record checks, firearms certificates as well as other information.


Fancy a career with the States of Jersey Police? Click here for the latest information on how to work for us and what the jobs involve

How can we help you?