Tuula Hook update - New information received

Detectives re-investigating the 46-year-old unsolved murder of the Finnish girl Tuula Hook have received new information following a media appeal.
20-year-old Tuula's body was found on New Year's Day 1966 at the entrance to a muddy field at Rue Laurens, St Clement. Despite a high profile media campaign and extensive police enquiries at the time, the murder has never been solved.

On January 18th the States of Jersey Police announced a reinvestigation into Tuula's murder and following significant coverage by media both in Jersey and in Finland detectives have received more than 20 calls.
Detective Inspector Lee Turner, who is leading the Cold Case team, said: "I am pleased to say that since the press appeal on 18th January we have now received more than 20 calls, including calls from some people who have not previously contacted the police.
"Some people have provided information similar to that previously gathered, and others have come forward with new and interesting information, however it is too early to speculate on where this might take the investigation at this stage.
"I am very hopeful that over the days and weeks that follow further calls will be received and I am extremely grateful to those that have called so far and would continue to urge anyone who thinks they might have information, however seemingly small or insignificant this might appear to them, to please call us. 
"What might appear insignificant or irrelevant to someone, could be of significance to the investigation.
"I am also very keen to hear from anyone who knew Tuula, or knew of her or had any form of association with her, as obtaining a full picture of her life and activities in Jersey is important to the investigation, and there are still questions which I need answers to.
Tuula was last seen waiting at a bus-stop at Georgetown on her way to visit friends at the Pontac Hotel on the evening of December 30th, 1966. It was raining heavily at the time and it was believed Tuula may have accepted a lift from someone who stopped at the bus-stop, as there is no indication she got onto the bus.
Tuula's body was discovered around 10.45am the following day at the entrance to a muddy field in Rue Laurens. She had suffered severe head injuries and it appeared that she had been beaten with some form of heavy implement. There was no obvious motive for the killing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Cold Case team directly on 612952, via police switchboard on 612612 or by emailing
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

Hate crime reporting

Caught on Camera

How to spot a scam

Ask. Listen. Respect.

How can we help you?