NOTES FROM MEDIA BRIEFING HELD AT 13.35HRS AT HAUT DE LA GARENNE ON SATURDAY 1 MARCH 29
TAKEN BY DEPUTY CHIEF OFFICER LENNY HARPER - INPUT FROM JULIE ROBERTS AND KARL HARRISON “ LGC FORENSICS
- work is progressing in the cellar with detailed forensic examination
- reports have been received of a victim being recently approached by a former care worker “ this is under investigation as a serious criminal offence “ possible pervert course justice offences
- persons involved in the enquiry are not to be approached
- the examination on the remains already found may take 3-4 weeks to be processed
- search team officers have started clearing a section of field on the south side “ bones were found there this morning but these are confirmed as not being human.
- SoJ police are determined there will be no room for criticism of the investigation at the conclusion
- Systematic searches are being made where the remains were recovered
- This is a complex scene
- Issues over carbon dating etc were discussed
- Repeated warning for persons not to make approaches to victims / winesses with view to perverting the enquiry.
You are being redirected to an automatically translated version of the States of Jersey Police website.
Because the translation is electronically generated we cannot give any assurance that it is free of errors or omissions, or that it is an accurate translation of the English text.
A sua chamada vai ser dirigida para uma versão de tradução automátic dos States of Jersey Police website (Estado da Policia de Jersey).
A tradução é eletronicamente generada, nós não podemos garantir de que seja livre de erros e omissões ou de que seja tradução correto do texto Inglês.
Zostales przekierowany do automatycznie przetlumaczonej wersji strony internetowej Policji Stanowej Jersey.
Poniewaz tlumaczenie jest wygenerowane automatycznie nie mozemy zagwarantowac ze jest ono wolne od bledow iprzoczenoraz ze jest precyzyjnym tlumaczeniem angielskiego tekstu.