Window Insurance Discs

I have insurance but I’m waiting for my windscreen disc can I drive my car?

In addition to the Certificate of Insurance, the insurance company shall issue a Windscreen Insurance Disc, (commonly referred to as a WID) in respect of each motor vehicle the use of which is covered by the policy.

It is an offence for any person to use or keep a motor vehicle on a road without displaying a valid WID.

The owner of a motor vehicle which is used or kept on a road and not displaying a WID shall also commit an offence, however there is a defence available, in that a person shall not be convicted of an offence if they can prove that at the relevant time the vehicle was being used or kept on a road without their consent by another person.


Report bad driving / riding

Domestic Abuse

Hate crime reporting

Caught on Camera

How can we help you?